The Presidency has denied allegations by Charles Owusu to the effect that some security officers at the seat of government are leaving their post due to unfair treatment.
According to the Presidency, Mr Owusu – the former Head of the Monitoring Unit at the Forestry Commission (FC), made the allegation on Peace FM last week.
But the Communications Director at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin in a press release issued on Sunday, September 3, said the allegation is untrue.
“The Office of the President would like to put on record that at no point in the tenure of Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, from 2017 till date, have seventy-seven security personnel left Jubilee House to their respective units.”
“Indeed, no security officer has left Jubilee House because of “unfair treatment meted out to them at the seat of the presidency. Curiously, at no point in Mr. Owusu’s submissions did he provide any evidence whatsoever to buttress these false claims.”
Mr Arhin however, said any security officer who has left Jubilee House did so on his own volition and not due to any unfair treatment.
He thus urged the public to disregard the false accusation.
“It is important to stress that any security officer who has left Jubilee House has either been due to disciplinary reasons, or as a result of a voluntary decision made by the security officer in question.”
“We urge the public to disregard these false claims, and treat them with the contempt they deserve,” the statement concluded.
“DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.”